Delaware FC U8 Academy is an age appropriate introduction to the competitive program for dedicated and motivated young players that are invited to participate.
Empower your child to grow, and prepare for a long-term competitive soccer pathway. The program focuses on technical skills, ball mastery, athletic development, and game understanding in a fun and friendly atmosphere. Over 90% of participants from previous years have progressed into DEFC U8 or U9 Competitive teams.
New boys players interested in joining the U8 Spring Academy are invited to attend a player ID Session on Sunday 2/18, 3:30-5:00 at Smith Estates. 740 Evanson Rd, Hockessin DE 19707. Complete registration through the link below for this session. Roster spots for the U8 Academy are limited in order to deliver the best experience to all of the players. If you are unable to attend the ID Session and interested in playing, please email Jamie Solomon, [email protected].
New girls players interested in joining the U8 Spring Academy should reach out to Pete Hayes, [email protected] for information.
- This program is for dedicated and motivated boys and girls players, with birth years of 2016, 2017 or 2018, who have aspirations of playing for a competitive team for the 2024-2025 season.
- Players will be identified by DEFC staff and invited to join the program. There are limited spots available.
- If you are interested in playing and have questions please email U8 Spring Academy Director Jamie Solomon.
- Twice a week training beginning the week of 3/11
- 75-90 Minute training sessions
- 1-2 Playday events with multiple games
- Potential Tournament TBD
- Multiple Scrimmage Events
- 10 Week Program
- Jerseys Included
- Training begins the week of 3/11
- Boys Academy Training days Tuesday/Friday 5:00-6:30
- Girls Academy Training Tuesday/Thursday 5:00-6:30
- Playday and Game schedule TBD and could be Saturday or Sunday
- The U8 Spring Academy was created to provide a bridge for dedicated and motivated players in preparation for competitive soccer.
- It allows players to experience a fun and challenging atmosphere, emphasizing individual player development.
- All sessions are run by experienced DEFC Staff Coaches
Got Questions? Please email the U8 Spring Academy Director, Jamie Solomon - [email protected]