Interested In Joining Mid-Season?
It is important for any player (current or new) who will not be able to attend one or all tryout sessions for their age group need to notify us of this.
Please contact our Delaware FC Wilmington Director of Coaching, Justin Romano at email@example.com.
Players new to the area who miss tryouts can be evaluated on an individual basis at any time of the year. If you have moved to town after tryouts, please email us and we will schedule an evaluation ID Session with the team.
Zone 1 Tryouts (U9-U12)
As we navigate through the impacts of the Coronavirus, tryout dates and details are now TBD. We are committed to communicating those details as soon as we are able. All players interested in playing for DEFC Hockessin for the 2020-21 season complete our Tryout Interest Form (current and new players must complete the form) Once we learn more over the coming weeks, we will notify the interested players with schedule, format and details on registration
*There is NO FEE required to complete the Tryout Interest Form --> Complete form
|Age Group||Birth Year||Tryout #1||Tryout #2||Tryout #3||Location|
|U9 Girls||2012||May 4th - 5:30 to 6:45 PM||May 6th - 6:45 to 8:00 PM||TBA||TBA|
|U9 Boys||2012||May 4th - 5:30 to 6:45 PM||May 6th - 6:45 to 8:00 PM||TBA||TBA|
|U10 Girls||2011||May 4th - 6:45 to 8:00 PM||May 6th - 5:30 to 6:45 PM||TBA||TBA|
|U10 Boys||2011||May 4th - 6:45 to 8:00 PM||May 6th - 5:30 to 6:45 PM||TBA||TBA|
|U11 Girls||2010||May 5th - 5:30 to 6:45 PM||May 7th - 6:45 to 8:00 PM||TBA||TBA|
|U11 Boys||2010||May 5th - 5:30 to 6:45 PM||May 7th - 6:45 to 8:00 PM||TBA||TBA|
|U12 Girls||2009||May 5th - 6:45 to 8:00 PM||May 7th - 5:30 to 6:45 PM||TBA||TBA|
|U12 Boys||2009||May 5th - 6:45 to 8:00 PM||May 7th - 5:30 to 6:45 PM||TBA||TBA|
If you have a question about joining us before our Spring 2020 Tryouts for the 2020-2021 Season, please email our Director's of Coaching
Director of Coaching - Justin Romano at firstname.lastname@example.org
Coaching Staff and Assignments
Image already added
Why DFC Wilmington
- Our sister club, Delaware FC Hockessin has been a prominent Soccer club and served the youth in Delaware for 30 years.
- We pride ourselves on having one of the top coaching staffs in the area with many former professional and collegiate players as well as former and current college coaches. Many of the coaches are also licensed coaches thru the NSCAA and USSF.
- Our Club emphasizes the importance of establishing a family atmosphere within the club with its players, families, coaches and staff.
- Club focus is on player technical development and enjoyment of soccer instead of focus on match results for our Zone 1 (U9-U12) program, puts our players in best environment to have success and enjoy the game in the long run.
- Goalkeeper training curriculum conducted by professional GK staff available throughout the year.
- We are one of the top clubs in the Tri-state area. Many of our teams have enjoyed success at the local, state, regional and national levels.
Delaware Football Club
Delaware Football Club was created through a collaboration with 3 prominent clubs from Delaware; Delaware Rush Hockessin Soccer Club (now named Delaware FC Hockessin!), Delaware Union and Kirkwood Soccer Clubs and now Delaware FC Wilmington is the newest core club!
Delaware FC was formed as an avenue for elite boys and girls in the area to compete at the highest level possible. The Delaware FC concept comes at a time of great changes in US Soccer.
We felt the need to evolve with this emerging landscape and provide a strategic vision to keep pace with the rate of these changes. While we believe our member member clubs continue to provide a great benefit to all young soccer players in our region, with DEFC we are adding another avenue of opportunity and challenge for all players.