- Delaware FC Wilmington, an extension of Hockessin Soccer Club, has been a prominent Soccer club and served the youth in Delaware for 30 years.
- We pride ourselves on having one of the top coaching staffs in the area with many former professional and collegiate players as well as former and current college coaches. Many of the coaches are also licensed coaches thru the NSCAA and USSF.
- Our Club emphasizes the importance of establishing a family atmosphere within the club with its players, families, coaches and staff.
- Club focus is on player technical development and enjoyment of soccer instead of focus on match results for our Zone 1 (U9-U12) program, puts our players in best environment to have success and enjoy the game in the long run.
- Goalkeeper training curriculum conducted by professional GK staff available throughout the year.
- We are one of the top clubs in the Tri-state area. Many of our teams have enjoyed success at the local, state, regional and national levels.
DELAWARE FOOTBALL CLUB
Delaware Football Club (DEFC) was created through a collaboration with 3 prominent clubs from Delaware; Delaware FC Hockessin (formerly Delaware Rush), Delaware Union and Kirkwood Soccer Clubs. DEFC was formed as an avenue for elite boys and girls in the area to compete at the highest level possible. The DEFC concept comes at a time of great changes in US Soccer. We felt the need to evolve with this emerging landscape and provide a strategic vision to keep pace with the rate of these changes. While we believe our member member clubs continue to provide a great benefit to all young soccer players in our region, with DEFC we are adding another avenue of opportunity and challenge for all players.
DEFC is a Zone 2 club (U13-18). Teams are initially formed when players move to the 11-a-side field. Each of our member clubs identify players in the Zone 1 stage (U6-12) in a developmental league specifically designed for our younger children. This initial development-minded league is free from long distance travel to play games, free from the pressure of a win at all cost mentality, and children are free to express themselves in a fun and positive environment. However, players from other Zone 2 clubs are free to join DEFC at the Zone 2(U13-18) stage through our player identification dates at all our Zone 2(U13-18) age groups.
- Produced approximately 150 Delaware State Cup Champions teams since 1999
- 2 x USYS Regional Champions
- 8 x USYS Regional Finalists
- 100's of players earning High School All state honors and advancing to Collegiate play
- Champions of many high level tournaments
Image already added